Sunday 3 November 2013

Samples

These are some of the few samples that will be found in my technical file, these samples are just of my favourite that I have picked out.


This is a piece of A3 cotton, the background has been created by using brusho inks purple and blue and then has been puffbinded onto with minerprint orange G.



This technique is called Devore, I used a piece of A4 Azeta and pushed devore paste through my screen with a squeegee, after using devore paste you have to wash your screen immediately as it can block your screen and your print will come out patchy and not very tidy. After leaving your devore to dry you will then have to place it under a heat press which is set to 180 degrees it is left under there for about 15seconds and then removed and washed. After washing you can dye onto like I have onto mine. 


For this sample I have used A4 Borsalini fabric which i have used puffbinder, the colour puffbinders I have used are minerfoam blue B, minerfoam brill pink 5BTL, Qprint yellow 2G and minerfoam orange G.


Here I have used A3 cotton which i have just kept the background clear and screenprinted onto it in Pink 5BTL and Grey BT pigment dye.


This Fabric is called Habatoi silk and is a very fine soft fabric, I have screenprinted onto this with Grey BT and Violet Blue 2BTL pigment dye.


Here I have created a long A4 stretched piece that shows the continuous repeat pattern in full affect the colours I have used are: yellow 2G, red BTL, orange OL, pink 5BTL, turquoise 4G, grey BT and black SN-G pigment dye.


This is called Heavy visco satin and is very soft to touch I have splashed purple, green and turquoise brusho inks onto the background which have bled out a little and then I have screenprinted on top of this with black SN-G pigment dye.


This is the my final favourite piece I have done, I have just used a A4 piece of calico. I have screenprinted on top of this with yellow 2G, red BTL and turquoise 4G pigment dyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment