Saturday 11 January 2014

How to use a peg loom


Using a peg loom has been my favourite task that we have done during this project and I am actually contemplating buying my own peg loom and creating weaves at home. If your a newbie to using a peg loom this is how to use one.


This is what my peg loom looked like, its a plastic peg loom with 14 pegs but this certain peg loom can have extra pieces added to the end on the jigsaw like piece to extend your weave and make it longer. 

First of all you will need to cut off 14 pieces of string, (I cut mine to about 40cm so they would be longer and its easier to tie your weave off at the end) after cutting off your pieces of string you will need to put your pegs in so that the holes are facing inwards not forwards. Put your string through the holes and tie 2 of the pieces of string together.




This is what your peg loom will look like when you have put all your string through and tied them together, your now ready to create your weave.




On this photo I have started my weave but all you need to do to make your weave look like this is just to zig zag your chosen wools and strings around the pegs. My weave looks very compact and tight because if your weave not tight then it will fall apart very easily and the end product won't look very good.



When you have filled your peg loom right to the top with all your chosen products you will need to all of your pegs out and pull them all the through but leave the end ones until last. When you have pulled all the pegs through cut the string where the hole is so you can tie it off and your finished weave will hopefully look like mine. Tada its a  fun and easy thing to do in your spare time and I will be looking forward to purchasing my own peg loom and hopefully creating wonderful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment