Friday 21 March 2014

Final Major Project: Dreams and Nightmares

For my final major project I have decided to research/look at Dreams and Nightmares, I took inspiration for it from my recent trip to Paris when visiting Les Art Decoratifs, whilst in the museum there was a exhibition to do with nightmares and symbolism which was full of weird and wacky pieces of work that were based around visions of nightmares. Therefore with me being interested at the time I decided to take plenty of photos for primary research just in case I was definitely sure that I wanted to do this subject for my FMP.

I will be questioning what Dreams and Nightmares are and looking into dream dictionaries, tarot card reading and things that can happen whilst you sleep like lucid dreams where you can control your dreams (like an outer body experience) but sometimes lucid dreaming can be quite unnerving and there have been occasions were people have heard and seen supernatural beings whilst lucid.

Along my line of research I will looking at mythology, fantasy, Tibetan art and a range of artists & designers, I have already chose a lot of artists and have started to think about creating artist research boards and pages in my sketchbook. Although I have a pretty good idea of my whole general theme that I have chose I still am unsure what I will produce as and end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment